Ceramic 1 & 2 piece implants are made of zirconium ceramic. They are completely metal free, friendly to the patient’s body and suitable even for allergic or intolerant people.The particular ones exist since 2004 in the mouth of patients. Except their other advantages, their simple prosthetic rehabilitation favors the clinician who has no special knowledge on implants and wants to keep his patient after referral to a surgeon.
Special characteristics of the implant’s surface patented offers two different roughnesses. One roughness 0,2 microns is for the implant collar intended to be placed in the soft tissue in order to avoid bacteria aggregation but to allow the hemidesmosomes to be attached. A second unique one up to 40 microns which leads to a strong primary stability and osseointegration.
Ceramic 1 & 2 piece implants are made of zirconium ceramic. They are completely metal free, friendly to the patient’s body and suitable for allergic or intolerant people.
Tissue Level Placement
The pattented manufacturing process offers a uniquely high roughness of 0,2 microns on the collar and up to 40 microns on the body, which leads to a strong primary stability. Isogingival placement, no gap, no bacteria[Photos #1, #2].
Spontaneous formation of the interdental papillas due to the shape of the implant collar is observed in toothless areas [Photo #3, #4].The white color of the implant favors final aesthetics.
Creeping Attachment 18 Months Later
Creeping attachment [Photo #5, #6] after 18 months is also a possibility. No bone loss – No periimplantitis
No angulated abutments are needed. The elastic post can be easily prepared either from the dentist or from the dental laboratory [Photo #7].
Prosthetic rehabilitation [Photo #8, #9.A, #9.B] is simple. No special equipment, no screws, no copings, no analogs, less visits.
Biphasic implant with prefabricated post [Photo #11, #12]
Safety – Innovation – Simplicity
Prosthetic Rehabilitation that mimics the one of endodontically treated broken tooth. Cementation of post and crown.
Zirconia & The Human Body
Implants have changed the quality of life of many patients. Still side effects such as loss of implants and periimplantitis may occur. Many reasons have been implicated but cases with no explanation still exist. The human body and the deeper understanding of its immune and genetic system is necessary to fill lost pieces of the puzzle. Intolerance and genetic tests used in the daily praxis can help in order to predict possible failures. The possibility of individual approach of the patient using a simple blood test can provide us with a unique baseline. So the treatment plan can be modified in order to protect the patient and ourselves. Alternative materials implants exist that have been used for many years and are harmless to the immune system, among them zirconia.
1. Zirconia (ZrO2) is a ceramic, non-metal material without any metal properties. It is electrochemically inert causing no galvanizing or electrocurrent disturbance effects at the inter and intra cellular level.
2. Fully oxidized zirconium (Zr) is known as zirconia (ZrO2) which is not a metal and does not contain any metals only ceramics.
3. No known allergies or intolerances. The most bio-innert and bio-compatible material on the USA and European market.
4. Lower surface free energy: hydrophilic reduced plaque (biofilm) accumulation = less inflammation superior soft tissue health.
5. Highly desirable esthetic results: healthy, pink and beautiful tissue around Implant, no tissue translucency, high aesthetics resembed natural tooth.
6. Stimulates bone growth long term with ultimate osseointegration.: No bone loss (0,0% in 5 years), no periimplantitis.